Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home Energy News-Your Heating Service Company May Be A Little Different This Year

Flashback...Last winter oil skyrocketed and put many people behind the eight ball as well as your fuel and service company. This year is going to be a bit different...


Expect a little different reaction from your fuel dealer this year. Here are some of the things you may encounter this year:

  • With the price of fuel skyrocketing it has also affected your delivery company since they must pay the inflated prices to fuel their fleet. You may be asked to pay COD or even pre-pay before delivery, fuel consumption is down as well as the dealers already small margin.




  • If you have service with your fuel company, the rising cost of raw materials has effected them also, so if you hold a service contract, expect that if it is excluded or you call the technician out for a non related issue, you probably will be billed.




  • You may get fired as a customer. You account with your service company has a value, if you continuously call in for service and don't take the recommendations from your company, they may cancel your contract. The new company may not take on your old beat up system and you will be fighting a lost cause.




  • Pay your bill. There will be less tolerance by heating oil dealers this year, if you don't pay, don't expect a delivery.




  • Running out of fuel- If you run out of fuel an emergency delivery or a technician visiting your home to drop a few gallons in to keep you warm is expensive. Budget your money or use your oil dealers budget program or automatic delivery options to avoid this.




  • Expect to wait a bit, with rising costs and lowered margins many companies have been forced to cut staff and take vehicles off the road to survive. Here are some tips to help you survive the wait: use space heating as a temporary measure, have extra blankets and heavier clothing ready and don't wait to call, if it isn't working when you leave for work in the morning, nothing magical will happen by the time you come home. Offer to leave a door or bulkhead open for access during the day, be sure your company is bonded and insured.




  • Your dealer will work with you, unlike the utilities heating oil companies are privately owned and will try to accommodate it's customers. Just remember that heating oil is a commodity not a utility and they can shut you off for non-payment.


free home warranty quote I free septic system warranty quote I free credit reports I national oil heat research organization I stop home foreclosure free info I free debt relief plan I free homeowners insurance quotes I sell or rent your timeshare I build your own energy saving products I download shed,barn,cabin plans I solar panel design plans I worlds best compost I almost free furniture I low cost curb appeal I home staging business I worldwide house sitters directory I caretakers directory/job search I help feed millions of people I down loadable real estate forms I lifelock protect your identity I six figure yearly income I forex trading auto pilot I credit card cash advance offers I loan officer training 101 I jobseeker.com

This article may be used for content on your website, blog or newsletter. It must be used in it's entirety, including this text, without any alterations to content or the links within the content. P.R. Man is an expert in the Home Improvement and Home Energy Solution fields.












No comments:

Post a Comment