Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cleaning Carpets with Steam

Steam Carpet Cleaning
The process of steam cleaning your carpet involves hot water being fed to a spray extraction tool orwand, coupled to a pump vacuum power unit. The cleaning solution is injected under pressure deep into the carpet through water jet nozzles.
The water will then penetrate the fiber all the waydown to the backing. This action will loosen anyembedded soil, remove oil and grease deposits, andget your carpet cleaner than it has ever been.
There are many types and makes of steam carpet cleaners available on the market, ranging from smallportables to the large and very powerful truck mounted units. The principle is the same no matterwhat model you pick.
The models that are truck mounted are designed sothat only the hose and the wand are taken into thearea being cleaned. These units are very powerful,delivering hot water and generating a high vacuumrecovery that can be powered by diesel fuel, gas,propane, or even by the motor of the truck.
Most carpet manufacturers, fiber producers, andprofessional cleaners endorse this process for achieving soil removal efficiency. With the presentstate of art equipment and technology, we are morethan capable of high production and cleaning of carpet.
The real disadvantage to steam carpet cleaning arethe problems that are associated with over wettingand longer drying times. These can be eliminatedhowever, by a skilled operator who uses equipmentthat is well maintained and in good overall operating condition.
Currently, there are two methods being used withsteam carpet cleaning. 1. This method involves a trafficlane cleaner being sprayed onto the traffic lanesand then agitated into the fibers. The entirearea is then cleaned by using a hot water extractorthat has a cleaning solution being injected intothe fibers through the wand. 2. The second method involves a free rinse emulsifying pre-spray being sprayed onto theentire carpet, then agitated into the fibers.
Steam cleaning procedures 1. Prepare the equipment and supplies. Ina pump or power sprayer you should mix the freerinsing pre-spray. In the solution tank of theextractor, mix the rinsing agent. 2. If you have a lot of furniture to move,make yourself a floor plan. 3. If the area being cleaned has furniture,you should remove as much as possible. 4. Thoroughly vacuum the carpet. If thepile is crushed or matted, use a pile brush toloosen the soils which will make vacuuming more effective. 5. Pre-spray a good amount of the pre-spray. 6. Using a grooming tool, agitate the prespray deep into the fibers then let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes, making sure that it doesn't dry out. 7. Extract the area using a portable, truckmounted, or automatic carpet cleaner. 8. Repeat steps 5 through 7 until theentire area has been cleaned. 9. Groom the cleaned area, replace allfurniture that was removed, then clean all equipmentthat you used.

free home warranty quote I free septic system warranty quote I free credit reports I national oil heat research organization I stop home foreclosure free info I free debt relief plan I free homeowners insurance quotes I sell or rent your timeshare I build your own energy saving products I download shed,barn,cabin plans I solar panel design plans I worlds best compost I almost free furniture I low cost curb appeal I home staging business I worldwide house sitters directory I caretakers directory/job search I help feed millions of people I down loadable real estate forms I lifelock protect your identity I six figure yearly income I forex trading auto pilot I credit card cash advance offers I loan officer training 101 I jobseeker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment